Wednesday, February 29, 2012

June 10, 1945 - Germany


Sgt. Stanley W Safford 39539976
5th Auxiliary Surgical Group
APO 339
c/o Post Master
New York  New York

Marburg, Germany
June 10, 1945

Dearest Mother:

Another move in the background and again I am in another cow pasture.
From my tent door I can look out at the not too distant hillsides and see the fields of grin gently moving in the afternoon breeze.
You will find Marburg a few miles North of Frankfurt (on the Main).  The country here is very beautiful and compares a great deal with the Bad District which I previously was in.
At any time we may again move so do not worry about not receiving any mail from me.  All this moving is certainly a great experience for me anyway.
Well all for now and my best regards to all and I hope you are all well.


All my Love,
 Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment