Thursday, February 23, 2012

9 February 1945 - Holland


Sgt. Stanley W Safford 39539976
5th Auxiliary Surgical Group
APO 339
c/o Post Master
New York  New York

Holland
9 February 1945

Dearest Mother:

Received your envelope of pictures yesterday and find some of them very good, others not so wonderful.
Mailed a box this morning containing a statue and some wooden shoes.  The large pair is for myself.  The three souvenir Belgian shoes are for you, Muriel and Nina and the two large ones are for the Chapin children.  Also you will find a wrist watchband sections which I would like to use in getting me a new one.  The sample is merely for width.
Heard from Muriel Oswald.  Very excited as usual.
Well about all for now as I have little time.

All my Love,

Your son,
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment