Thursday, February 23, 2012

January 4, 1944* - Holland


Sgt. Stanley W Safford 39539976
5th Auxiliary Surgical Group
APO 339
c/o Post Master
New York  New York

Holland
January 4, 1944[1]

Dearest Mother:

After another uneventful day I will write you a few lines.
Decided to change my mind about the glassware as I do not think it to be of that much value.  Instead of sending that I will send you six pieces of rather nice Delft Blue ware which I think are rather nice.  I want you to give one large plate and two small ones to Thelma and tell her that I would have sent them directly to her only the packing would have been a little more different that way.  Also will be some books enclosed for myself.
Well about all for now and I will write a longer letter tomorrow.

All my love,

Stanley


[1] Typo - 1945

No comments:

Post a Comment