Sunday, January 29, 2012

September 5, 43


Cpl Stanley W Safford
5th Auxiliary Surgical Group
Dodd Field
Ft Sam Houston
Texas

September 5, 43

My dear Mother:

This will more than likely be the last time that I will write you before coming home. I will send you a telegram prior to my leaving to let you know of what train I will be on and also when if I know I will arrive.  But if you are planning on meeting me you might play safe by calling the depot to find out when the train will arrive.  That way it will save you from waiting too long.
I am going into town this afternoon to buy my ticket and get that part of it done and taken care of.  I will have to go to the Southern Pacific Depot for it and then I will know how to get there when I leave here at twelve o’clock Tuesday night and actually get on the train at two o’clock.
Perhaps the Spider Lily will bloom for me when I am home.  I am really going to enjoy being among at my flowers again, and I am just dying to see my cymbidiums again, and my antiques will also be a welcome sight.
Well, we have had dinner which was very good and some very cold water which was very good tasting since the day is so warm.  We also had a banana cake of some kind which as so good although heavy.
I received a letter today from you and from Mrs. Matson which had a couple of pictures of Jonny which were very good.
I am like you in a way too excited to say very much now, so will close for now and will wire you when I leave.

Love from your son,

Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment