Monday, March 2, 2009

11 January 1943

January 11, 1943

Dear Folks:
I will drop you a line to let you know that I am quite well and doing quite fine although I got 89 on my first Nursing test which I did not like too well so that I will have to study some more, although some got as low as 20 etc. I did take time out to go into town Sunday although I should have stayed home and written some letters especially to you.
Regarding the camera carrier, go ahead and get it but do not send it until I ask you to. They are contraband here.
I have not as yet received the four letters as yet, the mail is in a great mess. I receive my mail here which has been sent to Barkeley and they in turn send it to the Brooke General Hospital and they send it on here. Some are getting mail that was mailed before Xmas.
We are now having three hours of Anatomy and Physiology(?) and the Metric system. I have then Nursing and Surgical Technique, the balance, quite a program with loads of after class study.
I have some nice cards here that I will send home for you to look at and see some of the beauty of San Antonio because it is surely an interesting place and it entices me every Sunday so do forgive me for not writing you. I hope to be able to get you a surprise in a few days. So be expecting it.
It is almost 9 and bed time so I will close for now and answer your last letter later.
Love,
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment